• Welcome to the Chevrolet and Daewoo Forums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to replace headlights / parking lights in a Daewoo Matiz
I hope this helps someone. I learned today how to replace bulbs in my Matiz, and took photos along the way:

My front parking lights were dead. One was blown, and the other was glowing orange, so I decided to replace them with these bright, but very low power LED lights (only a single watt per complete "bulb").
[Image: P1010342.jpg]

First off, remove the plastic shield underneath your Matiz' headlights. Only one philips-type screw holds it in:
[Image: P1010332.jpg]

There are three bolts (10mm) holding the headlight in place. One one top which is open and easy to access, and then these two little devils that are a bit harder to get to, underneath the front of the light:
[Image: P1010334.jpg]

Once undone, the whole assembly will pop out, giving you access to the rubber bung in the back, which keeps water off the bulbs:
[Image: P1010337.jpg]

Here are the backs of the bulbs. Each one simply unclips. Replace the bulb, and reverse the process.
[Image: P1010338.jpg]

Ta-daaaa. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
[Image: P1010346.jpg]

They sure makes the headlights look yellow though! Biggrin

Hope this is helpful to someone out there. I'll done a tutorial for the back lights next.

nice one my model is different but the same applies you just take the indicator bit off the older cars

nice work - but you don't really need to take the entire assembly off.
I Heartbeat [Image: _heart.gif]Matiz.

Driving a Matiz has benefit. it makes you wiser, so my motto in life has became "Seeking perfection is the first step to failure".

(26-11-2011, 04:58 PM)shankosi Wrote:  nice work - but you don't really need to take the entire assembly off.

Ohhhhh yes I did! My "sausage fingers" just couldn't fit around the back to remove the bulbs. Believe me, I tried hard to avoid taking the assembly out! Biggrin

Must say I'm very very impressed with the brightness of these minuscule LED lights. Without a doubt, they're at least twice the brightness of the original bulbs.

[Image: carnewsidelights.jpg]
I didn't beleive the hype about these LED lights but man, I'm impressed. I can certainly recommend them. Got them off eBay too for around $1 US each. So cheap I bought a bunch of spares. Thumbsup

made the car look cool too

Driving a Matiz has benefit. it makes you wiser, so my motto in life has became "Seeking perfection is the first step to failure".

(27-11-2011, 07:21 AM)shankosi Wrote:  made the car look cool too

LED ones are illeagle in the uk Sad

(27-11-2011, 09:37 AM)grant2258 Wrote:  LED ones are illeagle in the uk Sad

Seriously? LED park lights are illegal in the UK? Wow2
How does that work? Quite a few new car models use LEDs as standard park lights/rear light clusters now. How do they work around these?

(27-11-2011, 12:19 PM)kiwi_SK Wrote:  
(27-11-2011, 09:37 AM)grant2258 Wrote:  LED ones are illeagle in the uk Sad

Seriously? LED park lights are illegal in the UK? Wow2
How does that work? Quite a few new car models use LEDs as standard park lights/rear light clusters now. How do they work around these?

not 100% sure of the rules is allowed if its standard with the car. I guess there are leagle ones you could get but they are strict here dont blame them really half the cars nearly blind you here with the illeagle ones in.

This is a great tutorial, it's a simple task but can save lives (and a few bucks).

Great job kiwi_SK!!

Cool... Smile

I wonder if those little LED lights could replace the rear number plate lamps? That'll save another few watts... more mpg?

zitaM

(28-11-2011, 09:55 AM)zitaM Wrote:  Cool... Smile

I wonder if those little LED lights could replace the rear number plate lamps? That'll save another few watts... more mpg?

zitaM

I'm sure they do. basically the same type of lamp base

Hugely cool LEDs can you please post the link for ebaay seller here

Also my bulb connector plug is broken due to engine heat. Can u please show how to replace those
Dude

The way Mat-ease makes me feel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to replace tail light bulbs in a Daewoo Matiz kiwi_SK 6 15,855 19-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: antarix1